Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Christmas Letter

Just wanted to post our Christmas letter I sent to our family this year. That way if you didn't get one, you can still know what all has happened this year with the Grant's! Hope you all had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

December 2009

Hello Family and Friends! Wow has a lot happened this last year! The biggest news of the year (as most of you know) is that Guy is done with school, and he got a job, and we bought our first house! We moved to Cody where Guy works for the Department of Transportation as a Civil Engineer. I am so proud of his hard work with school, and I am so happy that he is all finished. He really loves his job. During the summer he worked 60-80 hours a week and I never heard him complain once! We love living in a town where there is family, and where we are both close to our “homes”. Cody is the perfect place for us. We bought our first home in September. It’s a perfect starter home for us.

Besides work, Guy enjoys going to the Rec Center every weekday morning. He also went hunting this year and got a five point Elk. This summer he also bought a four wheeler. I am sure he will have a blast with it.

As for me, mid November I started working with two dentists as a Dental Assistant. I love being back in the dental office! I work 2-3 days a week, so it is perfect. I love to be home with the boys, but it is nice to get out of the house and make a few extra dollars too. In July I got to go to Northern Montana for a family reunion on my mom’s side, how beautiful it was there. Then in August, my brother Max and his family came to Thermop for a family reunion. How fun it was to have my whole family there! First time in 3 years! What a fun summer! As most of you know however, I lost one of the most important men in my life in August. My step-dad of over 14 years lost his battle with cancer. I sure do miss Mike and think of him every day. But I know he is in heaven watching over us.

Micah is almost 4, and started his first year of preschool this September. He loves it! It amazes me how smart he is. He knows how to spell and write his name, he also knows all his shapes, colors, and uppercase letters. Now we are working on lowercase letters and letter sounds. He sure does love to learn. In his preschool class he has 2 cousins and lots of friends. He is always so excited for school. He still loves his superheroes and watching cartoons. He is mom’s little helper and is such a well behaved boy!

Gabe is 19 months old, and a very busy child. He always wants to wrestle and play with Micah. He is very strong-willed! (I wonder where he gets it?) This summer he battled bad ear infections, but through lots of chiropractics he finally got better. We are just starting to understand a few of his words. He’s quite the talker, but it’s still gibberish to us. The funny thing is, he refuses to call Guy “Dada”, we are both “Mama”! I can’t wait for him to talk more.

We have had such a wonderful 2009, and we hope that you have too. We wish you all joy and happiness in 2010. We love you all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love, Guy, Afton, Micah, and Gabe Grant

PS- Guy and I are both on Facebook, and our blog is: aggrant.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Afton
    Oh how I wish we could play softball this summer. That was so fun! Also, how is Cody? Things are good here. We are just working and staying busy. It's much more expensive here to live and so we're working hard to get established. I'm sure you guys know what that's about. I'm just certain you two and your family and doing awesome. Keep in touch and best wishes with everything you're doing!
    Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete