Thursday, May 14, 2009

We made it Safely!

Well we got to Cody safely! It wasn't easy...but we made it. I was driving Guy's truck, and about 35 miles outside of Laramie it got so windy that the lid over the bed was lifting up. I was 20 miles behind Guy, so I called to see what I should do. He said to strap the lid to the truck with a stap that was inside the truck...so I did. About 5 miles later...the lid blew completely off!!! I was SO scared! I am just so glad that it was a crosswind, so it blew it off into the barrowditch, and not behind me, or across the road to the other lane onto another vehicle. So I called Guy again hesterical and made him turn around to come help me. The lid ended up so damaged that we just left it on the side of the highway! (The only good thing about this was that I didn't have to worry about it blowing up anymore the rest of the way. And boy was it windy the WHOLE way!) Sorry hun...I know you loved the lid! Other then that everything else went well. The Boys were great for me. Now there is a TON of unpacking to do! Oh also...I called 3 weeks ago to get a storage unit to hold for us. Well, they didn't save it for us! So we have tons of CRAP sitting in our living room. Man what a tough past week!

5 comments:

  1. So glad that was the worst event of the trip! Glad to hear you got there okay! We'll miss you! Now... get to unpacking so we can have a place to sleep okay? haha! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That must have been so scary! That wind can be brutal. I'm glad you finally made it there ok. We'll miss you, but we hope you'll enjoy your new phase of life! Oh, and sorry about the storage unit thing- that's hard when you can't put stuff away where you want it because you're waiting for the space. Anyway, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey....how was the get to gether :) i hoper it was great!!! i em sorry i missed it and now that you are close we are going to have a girls night out :) oh and p.s. i put the wrong number for halle's weight she is 16 1/2 :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afton!!! I am so glad I found your blog. Gabe is soooo cute!! You have such a cute little family. Good luck in Cody!! I lol when you said they didn't save your storage unit for you guys. That happened to us once and we had stuff piled everywhere! It's funny looking back:) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Miss Afton.. glad you made it all safe and well and hope you are settling into Cody life easily. All the best for this next chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete